Wednesday, April 9, 2014

#400 YOLANDA – VARIOUS SUPERHEROES (Around 1990)


I dedicated one entry to PVC superheroes made by Comics Spain. That time I presented three figures from DC and Marvel comics, and this time I will do the same. Unfortunately, I cannot add much to what I have already said about PVC figures, and about superheroes there are other webpages with plenty of information about them.


The funny thing about Yolanda and Comics Spain is that they released exactly the same characters, in similar positions, with only a few exceptions:
-Spider Woman and Dr. Octopus, which were only released by Comics Spain
-and Yolanda made two versions of Captain America and four versions of Spiderman (standing or crouching either red or black dress).


These figures are around 8 cm high, and if put all together they look very very well. I wish I had more of them to display all together. If I find more of this, the entry will be updated.


Although the figures are copyrighted 1986, they were made some years later, maybe around 1990. Don't mistake the vintage PVC figures with some newer made figures. Yolanda releases these superheroes steadily since 10 to 15 years. Newer figures are slightly bigger (maybe 10 cms) and better sculpted.

FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: SPIDERMAN, THE PUNISHER, SHE-HULK and DR. DOOM 
  • Alternate Names: EL HOMBRE ARAÑA, EL CASTIGADOR, HULKA y EL DOCTOR MUERTE (Spain)
  • Year: Around 1990
  • Company: Yolanda (Spain)
  • Size of the figures: Around 8 cm (3’’)

2 comments:

  1. 'Like' button pushed!

    "More figures, less cars, more figures less cars..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hugh,

    Thank you! I would publish more about plastic figures, but I am not an expert on this topic, and I do not own many figures. In addition to this, most of them have already appeared here.

    I don't know if you missed the previous entries dealing with figures, but you can check the "Plastic Figures" label at the end of this article.

    Next plastic figure articles: 409, 428 (already written and programmed), 429 (planned - same topic as 428).

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete