Tuesday, August 5, 2014

#443 YOLANDA – G.I. JOE (1991)


 One of the few complete series by Yolanda I have is this set of four G.I.Joe figures from 1991. As a G.I.Joe fan, I guess this was a must for me. Yolanda usually reproduced the most popular figures of its time, whether they were from TV series, toylines, movies or whatever.

In this case, G.I.Joe was the most popular toyline in 1991 in Spain, no doubt about that, so Yolanda simply got a Hasbro license and reproduced 4 characters from the 8th American wave (released 1989), and made them in plastic. It is maybe important to mention that the 8th American wave arrived at least two or three years later in Spain. I got most of my figures from that series in 1992.


The four figures are: Alley Viper, Countdown, Dee-Jay and Scoop.
In Spanish: Vibora de Callejón, Countdown, Deejay and Scoop.

ALLEY VIPER / VIBORA DE CALLEJÓN



COUNTDOWN



DEE-JAY



SCOOP



In previous entries, I showed Hasbro's Countdown #415 and Scoop #416 mint on Spanish card.

All figures include a small ring in their heads, maybe intended to make keyrings out of them. They are all marked: “1991 Hasbro Yolanda CE”


It is very interesting to see how the figures are perfectly decorated with their original weapons and accessories and the real colors. Even the different gestures and postures are quite loyal to the original Hasbro characters.
FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: ALLEY VIPER, COUNTDOWN, DEE-JAY and SCOOP
  • Toy Line: G.I.Joe (A Real American Hero)
  • Year: 1991
  • Company: Yolanda (Spain)
  • Size of the figure: Around 8 cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment