Sunday, July 19, 2015

#569 M.A.S.K. - MATT TRAKKER and JACQUES LAFLEUR (EURO EXCLUSIVE 2-PACK) (1987)


We have already talked about M.A.S.K. small sets. I also mentioned that there were two-figure sets that were sold independently, although those figures were identical to the ones sold together with the vehicles.

I don´t really know how much success this small two-packs had, but there were not many of these made. In Europe and Argentina, there were some more packs released as in the U.S. The European figures were mostly repaints of some pilots released with vehicles, and so an interesting collectable for M.A.S.K. collectors worldwide, as most "Euro Exclusive" items are.

In this case, I have Matt Trakker with Lava-Shot and Jacques LaFleur with Maraj


Something that I don’t like about M.A.S.K. is that they keep reusing the same characters again and again… For 4 or 5 waves and over 40 vehicles, there should be more characters, and not new figure casts with the same old characters. I always thought, as a kid, it was enough to have one Snake Eyes and one Storm Shadow, I didn’t need a second one with a different uniform… One example is that I got Prince Adam from the Masters of the Universe line, and I never ever though of buying He-Man, because they were actually the same character, and you cannot play both at the same time. It’s either Adam or He-Man. With M.A.S.K., if I had had them at the time, I guess it would have been the same story. If you have one Matt Trakker, one Miles Mayhem and one figure of each character I wouldn’t have bought a second one.

Was it the same in your case?


FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: MATT TRAKKER with LAVA-SHOT and JACQUES LAFLEUR with MARAJ
  • Toy Line: M.A.S.K.
  • Year: 198
  • Company: Kenner (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: 2½’’ or 6,5 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment