Thursday, August 25, 2016

#714 G.I. JOE- ARTIC BLAST with WINDCHILL (1989)


This vehicle was released in 1989. When I first saw it, I thought it was the coolest concept for a G.I. Joe vehicle ever, but today I don’t like it very much. Most people I know think similarly. Where do you go with such an overpowered sleigh? Would it be effective as an attack vehicle in the snow? The weapons included several machine guns and two missiles.



So complex as it seems, the vehicle is really easy, it is basically one big piece, the harness, two big wheels and a few bits. These bits (all in orange/yellow) have an uncomfortable property, as it is, that they decolour. Most of these vehicles in sealed box would have the following problem: the yellow bits decolour and the white body become yellow-stained. But stained in a very ugly way. It is not that original snow white any more, but depending on the exposition to the yellow parts, it might become really yellow. That’s why I opened my box as soon as I got it, to separate the yellow parts in an extra bag and prevent further damage to my Artic Blast. I don’t know if the American version have this same problem, but in any case, all European Artic Blasts have it.


No matter what, I own this vehicle in its original box and, of course, its driver Windchill. This figure is truly great. It cames with an assault rifle and two skies (these have little guns at the tip of the figure toes).


The box illustration is, as usual, excellent and the picture at the back is also great with that slope and the great scenery behind. Fun that the driver is outside the vehicle.
 
 
FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: ARTIC BLAST with WINDCHILL
  • Toy Line: G.I. Joe (Wave 8)
  • Year: 1989
  • Company: Hasbro (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: 9,5 cm (3 3/4'')

2 comments:

  1. If I could pick only one G.I.Joe line arctic vehicle for use in real life winter battles around here, this is the one.
    Only change I would add is a front windscreen plate above on the roll cage above the front guns.

    This vehicle would be a blast in the winter here if this was real.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be quite fun to drive :) I see you are from Wisconsin, so you know snow vehicles better than me!

      Delete