Sunday, January 8, 2017

#763 UNKNOWN MANUFACTURER - UNIDENTIFIED PLASTIC DINOSAUR ROBOTS (Around 1985)


MONTH OF THE UNKNOWN

I have a few interesting toys that I have been collecting over the years from which I know nothing at all. They cannot be identified since they have no manufacture marking. Despite searching the internet, I couldn´t find anything about them, so I changed my mind, and thought it may be better if I publish them now, and people reading this could help me identifying them.

There will be 11 toys (all 11 entries from January 2017), but I warn you: it is not an easy task to identify them. Are you ready for this challenge?

If I get hints and information, I´ll be updating the posts to add information about them. Thanks!
 
If you like the challenge, there are other toys in this blog waiting to be identified, click here to see all unidentified toys.
 
 
These are two small (maybe 3 centimeters long) pvc figures representing two dinosaur-robots. They could be some kind of premium to a snack or something like that. The blue one comes with a ring on top so it was probably attached to a keyring or was intended to be hang in a wristband or necklace. The green one also had this ring, but it is now broken.
 
 
The design is amazing, I love these small robo-dinosaurs.
 
Additional information: Bought in a flea market in Austria.
 
 
FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: UNIDENTIFIED PLASTIC DINOSAUR ROBOTS
  • Year: Around 1985
  • Company: Unknown Manufacturer
  • Size of the figures: Around 4 cm long

8 comments:

  1. I also have the green dinosaur but it is colored pink! From Greece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyriakos, many thanks for this information. Maybe we can soon find out where did they come from. Maybe a promo article? Maybe a novelty toy from China or Hong Kong?

      Delete
  2. I think mine are different colored also, and if I remember correctly I got mine at a laser tag/arcade in Maryland,USA in the late 80's/early 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, also un the U.S. This toy seems to have had a great spread. Most probably Chinese or Hongkongese.

      Many thanks for the comment and the information!

      Delete
  3. I have the two legged one, arcade prize from early to mid 90s, no ring or any sign one was attached. I know I saw at least one more sculpt, wish I had gotten more but used my tickets on other junk, long since broken or thrown out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David, thanks for the comment! Remember which dinosaur was that third sculpt? Are you also from the U.S.A.? Cheers! Gog

      Delete
  4. They are parachuting Toys. I have a UV set of Pink T-Rex, Yellow Raptor, and that green Triceratops Like Dino you have.. I am in the search too wanna find if there are more of them from the same family. I loved these guys when I was a child.

    I found another link, which is seemingly the same company. But humanoid mechas:
    https://www.littleweirdos.net/2012/09/parachute-robot-vending-machine-figures.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the hint! Didn't think about that at all. The parachute figures I had as a kid were bigger and heavier, I can only remember soldiers, such as those I present in entry #927 https://toysfromthepast.blogspot.com/2019/06/927-ruiz-several-vehicles-unknown.html?m=1
      Thanks also for the comment!

      Delete