Thursday, April 6, 2017

#795 GISIMA - BMW M1 and BMW TURBO (Around 1984)

 
MONTH OF THE BOOTLEG AT TOYS FROM THE PAST!
 
Here are two cars from the early 80s made by Gisima in Spain. I recall having the BMW Turbo as a kid and how it broke into pieces. I think the remains of the car should still be in some "spare" box. My car was exactly like the one in the pictures: yellow/orange with black doors and the same stickers, probably the only ones made for this model ever.


The BMW M1 instead is a car I didn´t know it existed by Gisima, I took both around two years ago from the same seller.

They are copies of Matchbox and Majorette respectively. The Turbo model is practically 1:1 the Majorette model, but the M1 has a nice add-on to the rare Matchbox model: a practicable plastic trunk at the front (the real model has rear engine).


The stickers are made of paper, so they are quite fragile, as the construction in general. The plastic base could break easily (note the plastic rivets), or, as in the car I had during my childhood, the base may detach from the body of the car.

They are very rare to find in this condition, although they were produced in relatively high numbers, most of them were damaged while playing.



FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: BMW M1 and BMW TURBO
  • Scale: 1:64
  • Year: 1984
  • Company: Gisima (Spain)
  • Size: approx. 7 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment