Saturday, April 15, 2017

#798 UNKNOWN MANUFACTURER - SEVERAL CARS IN MICRO MACHINES SCALE (Around 1995)


MONTH OF THE BOOTLEG AT TOYS FROM THE PAST!

This is an unknown series of Micro Machines copies. I do not even know if they belong together (I mean, if they were originally sold together), but in any case, I bought all of them to the same guy.

Despite I do not usually buy MM bootlegs, I thought these were nice models that really resemble real MM. I later realized they are probably knock-offs, but I didn’t compare them to other real MM in my collection yet.

 
The cars are made of a worse plastic than the real MM and the colours and paintwork are also clearly inferior. However the selection of models is in my opinion great. The models are (left to right):
  • BMW 635 (very similar to the one in #577)
  • Mercedes SLC
  • Ferrari F40
  • Porsche 911 Carrera
  • Land Rover
 
I don´t know what the manufacturer was, so I could have also published this entry in January, as part of the "month of the unknown". If anyone has more information, I´d love to know more.
 
 
FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: SEVERAL CARS IN THE MICRO MACHINE SCALE (KNOCK-OFF)
  • Scale of the cars: 1:150 aprox.
  • Year: Around 1995
  • Company: Unknown Manufacturer
  • Size: approx. 2 cm

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't know, they are not marked,so they are difficult to find in sites like ebay. Try there.

      Delete
  2. I have two silver micro machines cars(I believe) that I've had for nearly 20 years. The clip together and are futuristic. Can anyone tell me what set they are from and if they're even micro machines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! email me a picture and I will try to identify them for you.

      Delete
    2. How have you found information about them?
      I have 2 one is like the blue you have

      Delete
  3. How have you found information about them?
    I have 2 one is like the blue you have

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have once of those packages of MM bootlegs and i habe photos of them but i don't know how to upload the photos on this comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'd love to see this picture, maybe you can send it to my email address, which can be found in the "about me" button in this blog (see desktop version, right side, just scroll a bit from the top). Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, "see web version" if you are on a phone.

      Delete
  5. Hola que tal , yo estoy en busca de la misma información, mi mamá cuando era pequeño me regaló algunos y los conservo y por eso trato de hacer más grande la colección, tampoco e encontrado quien los fabrico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pues a ver si tenemos suerte y lo averiguamos. ¿De qué país eres? Desde que escribí el artículo he conocido los sets de Tente City (de Borrás, no de Exin) que incluyen unos coches iguales o muy parecidos, pero con las ruedas plateadas en lugar de doradas. Me temo que estos coches son de algún fabricante chino que revendía para que otros fabricantes lo etiquetaran con sus propias marcas. Saludos y gracias por el comentario.

      Delete