Friday, April 21, 2017

#800 GUIDED LAUNCHING BASE – 2 IN 1 POWER PLAN (TRANSFORMERS ACTION MASTER PROWL with TURBO-CYCLE KNOCK-OFF) (Around 1991)


MONTH OF THE BOOTLEG AT TOYS FROM THE PAST!

This box contains a Transformers Action Masters knock-off (KO, as the Transformers collectors like to call them).

The Action Masters is not one of the most popular sub-series of Transformers, so one Action Master KO is maybe not the first choice for collectors, that's why this toy is kind of surprising.


The figure is Action Master Prowl. The original Hasbro figure was released in 1990, although this one has a different colour scheme. The Hasbro figure was sold in a box including exactly the same content. The box of this KO is made of very low quality cardboard and the inlay is made of very thin plastic, as you can see in the pictures.


The figure comes with a motorbike called Turbo-Cycle that transforms into a missile base called, according to this KO box, "Guided Launching Base". As you know, the Action Masters characters do not transform, but their accesories do. I didn't want to open the bag with the small bits and additionally, the motorbike and the robot have very stiff joints that I fear may damage if I move them somehow. That's why the pictures are only the pieces as they came in the box, without transforming or moving anything.

The Hasbro toy is actually based in the same cast, so if you are curious about the transformation, you can find many pictures of it on the internet.

And about the name… well, the guy who made the box had no idea what to write and probably copied things from here and there in different sizes and places. I just titled this entry with the words written in the biggest font size I could find. The “Power Plan” is actually a picture of the Action Master displayed in the box/blister of the Hasbro original transformers that indicates some fictitional features of the robot.


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: GUIDED LAUNCHING BASE – 2 IN 1 POWER PLAN (TRANSFORMERS ACTION MASTER PROWL with TURBO-CYCLE KNOCK-OFF)
  • Toy Line: Unknown
  • Year: Around 1991
  • Company: Unknown Manufacturer (China)
  • Size of the figures: Around 10 cm

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Are you selling this toy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, at this moment I am not selling it, maybe in the future I will.

      Delete
  2. Ok, thanks. I will kindly ask you to offer me this toy when you decide to sell it. I bought it in the early 1992. When I saw the gray plastic so many memories rushed to my heart. I want to buy for me, not to re-sell. I was looking for someting else on this blog, finding this is a true blessing. I also have a lot of old toys. Please explain me how to connect with you on FB or e-mail. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you can find an email address if you click in the main page of my blog in "Gog" in the upper right side of the blog (under "contact" and "search this blog").

      Then scroll down, you will find my email written at the end of the page.

      Delete